Business development today is essential to capture the” new norm” of business transient traveler. Transient corporate business is not business as usual.
- New “essential” business type traveler.
- New health & safety requirements.
- Less people will travel.
- Q3 & 4, 2020 & Q1 2021 projected return of these essential travelers.
- Predominantly domestic with concentrated drive market traveler.
- Travel agent direct use will be more than before.
- Parking for cars now with more drive travel.
- Smaller hotels may see more corporate travel.
- GDS, online and direct to traveler messaging is imperative.
- Consortia TMC, Global Sales are necessary resources more than ever.
BI tools, reporting, Lanyon, GBTA & ACTE forums asset resources to develop business traveler intelligence.
Travel Managers today are busy redoing policies, addressing Duty of Care and Risk Management requirements.
Corporate Individual Traveler will be the first back to business over leisure and group travel. Today more than ever your hotel must be prepared to be the strong contender amongst competitors. Applying to awareness, developed relationships, visibility, clearly communicated health & safety policy.
Formalized Business Transient Plans & Communication Plans are necessities in capturing the new business traveler. Hotels who successfully manage this today will see stronger corporate transient results than those who do not.
* Contributors- Allison Ahrens, President –Hospitality Revenue Solutions LLC, Nancy Huang, Sr Director Marketing- Pegasus, Elaine Kennedy, VP Hotel Market Planning- Pegasus.